Thin crust Pizza dough. Pour in yeast mixture; mix well until dough comes together. An easy, basic pizza dough for thin crust pizza. Place pan in center of oven.
Try to make it thicker around the edge. If using frozen dough, thaw in the refrigerator overnight. In the bowl of a stand mixer, or in a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt and yeast. You can have Thin crust Pizza dough using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thin crust Pizza dough
- You need of Pizza dough.
- You need 200 grams of lukewarm tap water.
- You need 2 grams of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1 gram of sugar.
- It’s 4 grams of Olive oil.
- You need 153 grams of 00 flour.
- It’s 153 grams of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 8 grams of fine sea salt.
This recipe makes an Easy Thin Crust Pizza Dough with a crispy crust and a chewy bite. But we are used to a true NY Style thin crust pizza pie that really hard to come by where we live now in Northern Virginia. The longer the dough sits, the thicker the crust will be; for thinnest crust, shape and bake dough immediately, without any rest. It really is that fast and easy, which is why we believe this is the very best thin-crust pizza dough for a home cook on a weeknight.
Thin crust Pizza dough instructions
- In the large mixing bowl, combine flours and salt.
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together 200 grams lukewarm tap water, the yeast, sugar and olive oil, then pour it into flour mixture. Knead with your hands until well combined, approximately 3 minutes, then let the mixture rest for 15 minutes..
- Knead rested dough for 3 minutes.Cut into 2 equal piece and shape each into a ball. Place on a heavily floured surface, cover with dampened cloth, and let rest and rise for 3-4 hours at room temp or 8-24 hour s in the refrigerator. (Remove dough from fridge 30 minutes before you begin to shape it to pizza).
- To make pizza, place each dough ball on a heavily floured surface and use your fingers to stretch it, then your hands to shape into rounds or squares. Top and bake..
How To Make Thin Crust Pizza. If you have a food processor or stand-mixer with a dough hook, let your machine do the kneading for you. The pizza dough freezes beautifully, so make a few batches at a time and keep your freezer stocked. That pizza made me determined to make my own pizza dough from then on. Needless to say this pizza dough was one of those recipes that was passed down for I can't tell you how many years.